Steering Legal provides guidance and support to its clients in developing their projects in the field of energy and international infrastructures, relying on:
· its renowned experience in the entire contractualisation process for this type of project (especially in Africa and the Middle East with its thorough knowledge of business practices and the institutional and regulatory framework relating to the exploitation of natural resources or the achievement of major infrastructure projects)
· its local offices and its reliable and experienced correspondents in many countries (Brazil, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and the Persian Gulf)
· Providing support and guidance within the legal framework applicable to foreign investment
· Drafting and negotiation of the entire contractual arrangement, relating to both the main project and to its implementing agreements as well as to the financing schemes and guarantee mechanisms
· Providing assistance to clients in responding to international calls for tenders, including within the framework of projects benefiting from international financing, such as by the World Bank or the African Development Bank
· Intervention in the natural resources sector, in the field of mining concessions and petroleum production-sharing contracts
· Contractualisation of the use of port facilities or road construction abroad
· Drafting and negotiation of BOT (build-operate-transfer) contracts, of a private-public partnership, or of construction contracts following FIDIC models.
Analysis and consultancy, within the framework of contractual or investment projects, on the impact of economic sanctions and embargo measures (Security Council of the United Nations, European Union, United States) and their involvement on the establishment and execution of contractual arrangements – Intervention in cases relating to the impact of sanctions on contract projects or more generally investments linked to certain countries in North Africa, the Middle East or South America.